Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey
SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR A STUDY TRIP
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
- The aim
of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
- Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
- This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
- All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- The programme will include 30 participants.
- The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
- Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 21 August 2014 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 28 August 2014. (Draft programme is enclosed.)
- Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 20 September 2014 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
- Applications can be made to the Turkish Embassy inCopenhagen to the following addresses:
- Vestagervej 16, 2100 Copenhagen O Denmark
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
- The deadline for applications is 15 June 2014.
SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR A STUDY TRIP
(21 AUGUST-28 AUGUST 2014)
21 August 2014, Thursday (Istanbul)
Arrival in Istanbul and transfer to the hotel
20.00Dinner at the hotel
22 August 2014, Friday (Istanbul)
08.30Departure from the hotel
09.30-10.30 Visit to the Dolmabahce Palace
11.30-12.30Visit to the Hagia Sophia Museum and the Basilica Cistern
13.30-15.30Visit to the Archaeological Museumand the Sultanahmet Mosque
16.00-17.30Visit to the Grand Bazaar
20.00Dinner: Boat Tour
23 August 2014, Saturday (Istanbul)
10.00-11.30Lecture (to be announced)
14.00-15.30Visit to the Topkapı Palace
16.00-17.00Visit to the Prime Ministry Ottoman Archives
17.30-18.30Visit to Pierre Loti
24 August 2014, Sunday (Istanbul)
10.00-12.30Visit to the Beylerbeyi Palace
15.00-15.30Visit to İstiklal Avenue
16.00-18.00 Lecture (to be announced)
25 August 2014, Monday (Bursa)
08.00Departure from the hotel for Bursa
13.30-15.30Visit to the Grand Mosque, Atatürk Museum, Uluumay Museum for Ottoman Folk Costumes and Jewellery
17.00-19.30Visit to the Green Mosque and Cumalıkızık
26 August 2014, Tuesday (Ankara)
07.30-12.30Departure from the hotel for Ankara
12.30-13.30Arrival to the hotel
14.30-16.00Visit to Anıtkabir
27 August 2014, Wednesday (Ankara)
10.00-11.00Visit to the Museum of Ethnography
11.00-12.30Visit to Hamam Önü
12.30-13.30Lunch at Ankara Palas
13.30-15.30Briefing by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
16.00-17.00Visit to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations
18.00-19.30Visit to the Ankara Castle and Çengelhan Rahmi Koç Museum
20.00 Dinner at the Ankara Castle
28 August 2014, Thursday
International flights from Ankara
Pazartesi - Cuma
09:00 - 12:30 / 14:00 - 17:30
KONSOLOSLUK İŞLEMLERİ BAŞVURU SAATLERİ : 09:00-13:00 ; VİZE BAŞVURU SAATLERİ: 14:30-16:00
Tatil Günleri 2018
|13.4.2017||Danimarka Yerel Dini Tatili|
|14.4.2017||Danimarka Yerel Dini Tatil|
|12.5.2017||Danimarka Yerel Dini Tatili|
|25.5.2017||Danimarka Yerel Dini Tatili|
|5.6.2017||Danimarka Yerel Dini Tatili|
|5.6.2017||Danimarka Milli Günü|
|24.12.2017||Noel Tatili Arefesi|
|27.4.2018||28.4.2018||Great Prayer Day|
|21.8.2018||22.8.2018||Kurban Bayramı 1. Gün|
|26.12.2018||27.12.2018||2nd Day of Christmas|
|31.12.2018||31.12.2018||New Year's Eve|
|1.1.2019||2.1.2019||Yeni Yılın İlk Günü|
+ 90 312 292 29 29